Vegan Recipe of The Day
Creator Tagged In Photo
Kung Pao Style Cauliflower over some rice
Via @veganbombs ・・・
Calling all cauliflower lovers 🙋🏻 I’ve got a bowl of Kung Pao Style Cauliflower over some rice. I simply stir-fried the cauliflower and it turned out really good but I’m also considering coating these and frying them since I find that fried cauliflower has a slightly different texture (plus has an added crunch too!). As for the sauce recipe, I’m really happy with its flavors and consistency. I’ll share the recipe below nonetheless for those of you who want try it out! Would love to receive feedback when you do! Will also need to try this recipe with tofu. 🤔
Kung Pao Style Cauliflower
2 small heads cauliflower (makes around 3 1/2 cups of florets)
1 tbsp soy sauce + 1 tsp cornstarch, mixed
3 tbsp oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup sliced onion leeks
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 green bell pepper, sliced
1/4 cup peanuts, optional
Dried chili, optional
1/4 tsp Szechuan peppercorns, optional
1 tbsp Chinese black vinegar
3 tbsp soy sauce
2 1/2 tbsp coconut sugar
3 tsp cornstarch + 2 tbsp water
1. Mix all the sauce ingredients together except the cornstarch and water.
2. In a bowl, marinate the cauliflower in soy sauce and cornstarch mix for 10-15 minutes.
3. Add 1 tbsp oil in a pan. Place the marinated cauliflower and cook for 15 minutes until tender. Cover while cooking for the cauliflower to cook in the steam. Set aside cooked cauliflower.
4. Add 2 tbsp of oil in a pan. Once hot, sauté the garlic, onion leeks, bell peppers, Szechuan peppers, and dried chili (if using).
5. Add in the sauce mixture. Once it boils, add in the cornstarch and water mixture. Lower heat and then mix well. Add in the cauliflower. Cook until the cauliflower absorbs the sauce and is thick.
😍😍Literally can't stop thinking about this 😍😍😍
🌱__ Don't forget to follow @vegan_enginee
Avocado Banana Bread 💚🥑🍞 Full Recipe:⠀
For the egg replacer:
½ cup of water + 2 flax meal. Mix together and let sit for 5 minutes.⠀
For the dry ingredients:⠀
1 cup of gluten free all-purpose flour⠀
½ cup gluten-free oats⠀
½ cup cocoa powder⠀
1 tsp. baking powder⠀
½ tsp. salt⠀
½ tsp. cinnamon⠀
Process all the dry ingredients in a high speed blender until smooth.⠀
For the wet ingredients;⠀
Add 3 ripe bananas, ⠀
1 ripe avocado, ⠀
1 cup of coconut sugar, ⠀
1 tsp of vanilla extract⠀
Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Now add the egg replacer you made earlier. Mix well and add ½ cup of vegan chocolate chips.⠀
Spray your loaf pan with non-stick spray or add parchment paper.⠀
Add more vegan chocolate chip as desired.⠀
Bake 350F for 1 hour. Let cool and enjoy!