I was going to talk about what a shit run it was today...but I took a step back and reminded myself of my accomplishments and what I can be grateful for.
- I haven’t ran over 10km since September last year, and today I did 12.1
- my new Nike’s were NOT broken in enough and I may have blisters the size of an egg on each of my heels, but I am grateful that I can afford to buy new runners when I need to
- I didn’t find my stride or pace until the 9th kilometer, but through those first 9 I didn’t give up and I kept trying
- my knee gave me trouble within the first 10 minutes, but it still allowed me to finish the race
- I fell behind, but didn’t do this race alone; while we may have had separate legs and didn’t run together, @peanutbutter.and.sunshine_ and I did this as a TEAM, and her texts of encouragement came through on my watch and kept me going.
The air was a perfect temperature, the sun didn’t get too hot until the race was over, and the medals for the @millarvillehalfmarathon are always my favorite, hand crafted by a local artisan, and remind me of just how far I’ve come as a runner.
Perspective. It’s everything.