Hello, yes, I am alive!! Had an interesting past few days, but I’m back! School started, boys suck, and life is already so busy, so THANK YOU for your patience! 😊 I’m making so much content today & it’s grocery shopping day (yay) so stay tuned for a haul and some new recipes! 💕
Lemon Blueberry Sheet Cake by @rainbownourishments 💜
Dry cake ingredients
2 1/4 c white rice flour, or all purpose flour
2 1/4 c blanched almond meal
2 c organic cane sugar, or coconut sugar
3 tsp baking powder
Wet cake ingredients
1 3/4 c plant-based milk
1 c light-tasting vegetable oil, such as sunflower or rapeseed
2 lemons, juice & zest (+/- 50mL of juice & zest)
2 tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
1 c fresh or frozen blueberries
Two-toned Blueberry Cashew Frosting
1 1/2 c fresh or frozen blueberries
1 1/2 c raw cashews
3/4 c canned coconut cream
~1/4 c sweetener or sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Line a rectangular cake tin with baking paper. I used a 33cm x 23cm x 5cm (13 in x 9 in x 2 in) cake tin.
2. To make the cake: In a large-size bowl, add all the dry ingredients & mix until combined. Add all of the wet ingredients except the blueberries and mix until the batter is combined and smooth. Pour the cake batter into the lined baking tin. Scatter blueberries over & press them into the cake batter.
3. Bake the cake for around 25 min or until a skewer can be inserted into the middle of the cake and it comes out clean. Allow the cake to rest in the cake tin.
4. To make the two-toned frosting: Add the blueberries to a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Boil for 15min & mash them with the back of a fork. Boil until the blueberries have softened & their juice has thickened. Add 1/4 of the blueberries to a blender with the rest of the frosting ingredients. Blend on high for 3min or until extremely smooth. Pour out 1/2 of the frosting into a bowl. Add the remaining blueberries to the blender & blend until extremely smooth. Set aside both frostings in the fridge to chill.
5. To decorate: When the sheet cake has completely cooled, dollop both frostings on top of the cake. Use the back of a spoon to marble the frostings & to spread it on the cake's surface. Avoid over-mixing the frosting to ensure the the colour of each frosting is still noticeable.
6. Serve the sheet cake immediately. Alternatively, cover the cake tin and store in the fridge for up to 5 days. [metric measurements below ⬇️]
Aubergines gratinées au parmesan et à la mozzarella 🤤
Qui a vu la recette? Dispo en vidéo sous le post précédent 😁
Belle soirée ~😸
super simple brunch plate: leftover Brussel sprouts, turkey bacon & broccoli paired with scrambled eggs with turkey and melted cheese 😍🍳🥦 #apaigeofpositivity#paigesbycourt
HAMPTONS REC’s ~ Not in the Hamptons RN, but made a list as per popular request. Here goes!
🍽@scarpetta — Love this restaurant in Gurneys. Poppin on the weekends!
🍽@inlet — Sushi spot with great sunset view in Montauk.
🍽@tuttoilgiorno — Delish Italian in Sag Harbor with great vibes.
🍽@naturallygood — Grab and go breakfast & lunch in downtown Montauk. I prefer it over Joni’s!
🍽@duryeas — Beautiful on-the-water Montauk spot with the most amazing lobster Cobb salad.
🍽@Navybeach - Fun for day or night bites by the water + cocktails.
🍽@harvestonfortpond — Casual pizza & pasta in Montauk.
🍽@sensushi — Amazing sushi in Sag Harbor. Great vibes!
🍽@crowsnestmtk — My absolute fave spot for dinner in Montauk - just trust me!
🍽@goldenpearcafe — Great place for grab + go breakfast/lunch.
☕️@coffeeandflowers — Cutest popup in Montauk with @theelknyc coffee & @popupflorist flowers. Love!
☕️@jacksstirbrew — Staple in Amagansett. Iced coffee tastes like a milk shake. Also great people (& celeb) watching!
☕️@bluestonelane — in Montauk. Love that they put cocoa powder on their cappuccinos.
💪🏻@thesurflodgesanctuary — new this year in dt Montauk! Have taken @pvolve, torch’d @isaacboots + housework with @sydmiller here.
💪🏻@newyorkpilates — a staple for me in Montauk. Love the ocean views & beach vibes here.
💪🏻@sltnyc — always good for a difficult, toning workout.
💪🏻@soulcycle — both in Montauk & the barn in east hampton - always a staple. Additionally, SoulAnnex in the barn - amazing.
💪🏻@dancebody - in Bridgehampton!
🛍@thesurflodge — Cute little store inside - softest sweaters.
🛍@blueandcream — Pricey, but found some solid pieces here.
🛍@loveshackfancy — Their store in Sag Harbor is a must-see. Soooo vibey.
🛍@wyldblue — Amazing clothing, bags + accessories (& right next door to surf sanctuary).
🛍 @gucci x Melet Mercantile — Really cool popup for the summer located at 102 Industrial Road in Montauk.
What are your top Hamptons recs? xx #sssssweats
This week's grocery haul is super simple, but I thought I would share it anyway. I picked everything up from Harris Teeter (Kroger). 🛒
Dinners Planned: (With this and what I already had on hand)
1. Breakfast for dinner
2. Pizza Chicken Skillet (On my blog)
3. Taco Salads
4. Bunless Burgers
5. Oven Fajitas (On my blog)
6. Sloppy Joes (On my blog)
7. Parmesan Chicken & Garlic Cauli Rice Skillet (On my blog).
Visit getfitlaura.com to check out any of the recipes. They're under the dinner section or there's a search bar at the top of the home page.