Track your macros? That’s obsessive. Eat what you want? That’s reckless. Follow a plan? You’re taking it too seriously. Doing what you want? You don’t take it seriously enough. Lift weights? That’ll make you bulky. Do cardio? You’ll lose your gains. Trying to get in shape? You must hate the way you look. In shape? You must love the way you look. My point? The only person you can please, is you. ✌🏻
Is there anything more cozy or comforting than miso ramen? ✨ I’m a massive ramen fan but never really tried to make my own because I thought it’d take too long or be too difficult. That couldn’t be further from the truth! 😍 Of course this isn’t traditional Japanese ramen, but I still think it’s pretty delicious, comes together within 30 minutes, and still has all the umami packed flavours, so that’s a win in my books 🌿.
To make 👇🏼(adapted from @minimalistbaker):
Slice 2 large carrots into rounds. Whisk together 1 tbsp miso paste, 1 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tsp sesame oil, 1 tsp rice vinegar + 1 tbsp maple syrup. Toss carrots in mixture, then bake at 400 F for 20 mins. Meanwhile, put 6 cups of veggie stock in a pot over medium heat. Place 2 cups of sliced mushrooms, 1/2 block of diced firm tofu, 3 whole peeled cloves of garlic, 4 slices of ginger, 2 tbsp soy sauce, 2 tsp sesame oil + 1 tbsp miso paste in the veggie stock and simmer for 20 mins. Cook buckwheat noodles (or favourite ramen noodles) as per package instructions When there’s 5 mins left, slice baby bok choy lengthwise and brush the rest of the miso mixture on top. Fry in a hot pan for 2 mins on each side until charred. Place all ingredients in a bowl + enjoy! 💛
Lembro da minha transição pro veganismo como se fosse ontem (foi há 1 ano e 10 meses atrás 🤣) eu infernizando os Atletas veganos que eu conhecia aquela época com a pergunta “quais suas principais fontes de proteína?”. Eles falavam todos as mesmas coisas, e era tão fácil que era difícil acreditar. Arroz e feijão? Lentilha? Nozes? COMO ASSIM!? Precisei experimentar na prática pra acreditar. Na época Era tudo que importava pra mim, se eu conseguiria manter um físico atlético com proteínas vegetais, sem proteínas animais. Até pq se eles conseguiram, eu conseguiria tambem. Não só mantive um corpo atlético, como VIREI atleta porém mudei minha mente: antes eu queria saber das proteínas pra poder ficar “gostosa”🙄e hoje vivo e amo a vida de atleta pois enxergo como ativismo, já que não posso ir em todos os matadouros salvar aqueles bebês. 😢
Acabei de fazer uns stories falando sobre as MINHAS principais fontes de proteínas 😊. Queria participar do #10yearchallenge mas não encontrei uma foto minha com 10 anos 🤣 então vai essa ai com 12, quando comecei na musculação. Hoje tenho 20, são OITO anos de treino sem Nunca ter parado, se o Universo me permitir eu NUNCA vou parar #MusculacaoÉMinhaVida#atleta#vegan#veganbodybuilding
New research is telling us that these five #healthy spices can fight Alzheimer’s, inflammation, #cancer, migraine headaches, stomach problems, and type 2 #diabetes.
1. #Turmeric. Hundreds of studies have demonstrated that curcumin (a polyphenol in Turmeric) may help prevent or even reverse Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia, reduce unhealthy levels of inflammation, protect against heavy metal toxicity, and even lower heart disease risk.
2. Garlic. Researchers studied 41,387 Iowa women, tracking their consumption of 127 foods over five years. The #food found to be most highly associated with a statistically significant decrease in colon cancer was garlic.
3. Ginger. Ginger can be used to treat stomach problems, including motion sickness, morning sickness, colic, upset stomach, irritable bowel syndrome, gas, diarrhea, nausea, and loss of appetite. It has potent anti-inflammatory properties. And some people find it very useful in relieving pain caused by rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, and menstrual cramps. As if all that weren’t enough, ginger has also been found to be extraordinarily effective in the treatment of migraines.
4. Cinnamon. Cinnamon is an anti-inflammatory, antidiabetic, antimicrobial, anticancer, lipid-lowering, and cardiovascular-disease-lowering superstar.
5. Hot Peppers. Chili peppers aid digestion by promoting salivation, boosting the stomach’s defense against infections, increasing digestive fluid production, and helping to deliver enzymes to the stomach.